Friday, November 29, 2013

7 More days! Obstacles accepted. Day 84.

7 more days till Calgary! and I still have a few, what I think are major obstacles.
But first, what have I been up to at the gym someone asked me. So here it is... and I think it might be a little more extensive lately mainly because I LOVE Chocolate and it has been making me feel guilty. So here is my daily schedule (ish - there are variations of course), that has had two noticeable affects:

* Been able to walk a little faster, longer, and go longer distances and having more resistance and longer sets on cardio machines (elitpical, stairmaster, bike); and

* Muscle gain in the core and bulking in the shoulder/bicep area.

Work out:

11 AM with my secretary (Anne Dizzle as we like to call her)

* Approximately 4.5 km at a brisk pace at the track with some serious Mash-Up DS remixes - I get into a serious thought wave at this time and it makes me excited for the adventures I have coming up and the things in my life that are going on, so for me this is my mental work out as well.

GYM between 4 and 6 PM daily

* 3 sets at 10 mins each on the Elyptical (125 calories burnt each set) - level 5 intervals
* 3 sets of 30 vertical leg raises in between elliptical intervals (total 90) on... for lack of the name:


* New found love of the horizontal leg press: 3 sets of 15 reps with 80 LBs
* 3 Sets of 15 tricep pull-downs at 60 LBs
* 3 Sets at 50 pounds wide arm Lat pull
* 3 Sets of 15 rep 105 LB Shoulder Shrugs (another favourite, easy, feels good, and bulks the shoulders).
* 3 sets of 21 reps with 15 pounds - barbell bicep variations
* 3 Sets of dead man variations with 12 reps each with two 12 lb weights (moving up to 15 lbs today as 12 is a little sinchy as of yesterday)

CORE work out

* 45 seconds plank hold
* 45 seconds of sliders
* 23 seconds right side plank
* 23 seconds left side plank
* 45 seconds reverse crunches
* 45 seconds flutter kicks
* 45 seconds side to side obliques
* 45 seconds leg raises and
* 45 seconds abdominal crunches.

Now, the real challenge X2.

First weekend of riding at Powder King this weekend, starting with a BBQ night at some our best buds place in Hudson Hope with a sleepover. My buddy Brent is even coming. Sleepover in a new house... with a bunch of overgrown kids, eating fresh shot venison. What goes best with this? BEER *sighs. Then, off to the hill tomorrow to meet up with my beautiful friends from Dawson and ride some not so great riding conditions, but with tonnes of laughs, fun, and a moustache party at the hill pub. To me... that is slightly risky. I already have friends egging me on. Bring on, yet another challenge.

Snowboarding without beer.... in the mountains. * Shakes head in Canadian shame. Almost there...


If you want to have your cake, and eat it too... I suggest this exercise routine. Although my diet is mainly homemade heaven... I lean on my chocolate HARD. No woman should ever have to go without chocolate. If your not gonna do wine.. at least do the chocolate ;)
6 days till baring it all, 7 days till Calgary, 15 days until a 4 month hiatus begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment