Saturday, November 16, 2013

Kicking Ass and Taking Names... after a 3 week hiatus..

Game on... blogging back to full swing until the holidays. Things are coming down to the grind before holidays and life has been a little hectic and a little slack. For 3 Full weeks I failed on the Gluten. F*CK! But I am back on... it all started with a trip to Vancouver and a wonnnnnnderful visit with a little known hottie surfer bum to all points south.

I let it all hang out, and not really in a bad way... but we had 2.50$ bottles of wine from Trader Joes in Oregon (whhhaaaat!?!), yummy awesome chocolate from his parents in vancouver, kostya's secret amazing oatmeal/banana/i dont know what paradice pan cakes! A huge turkey dinner with his beautiful family, BURGERS AND FRIES in the U.S of A. (of course)!, and insanely delicious seafood dinner at a neat little nook by Port Angeles, way too much coffee and Carolans and cheese on everything (score!!). WHEW! But we exercised (to wink or not to wink - mom its true sorrrrry), did some hiking around and some biking and kept moving.

He keeps me moving :D Tests my cardio level for sure, sometimes I really dont think he understands what 50 % oxygen levels mean but i always feel so good after, and it continues to keep me motivated to move when I think of my partner and his active lifestyle. Unfortunately I squeezed out of him that it is actually a drag sometimes that i cant really breathe that well because im not so inclined to participate in his outdoors ideas. To be honest It did hurt my feelings a little bit when I asked if it sucked sometimes because it is nothing i can help without surgery as I am doing all that I can, but he has never made me feel like I am slower or can't do as much or is waiting on me, he would have never said anything if I did not ask him, he is a super honest, blunt human being... who I think would just rather run out the race gate together, participate in the same things and see beautiful sites as a team rather then leave me completely behind and solely participate with all others all the time when I can't join, which I appreciate.

SO... We had fun.. and I was able to do it all with him on this trip to van, the states and victoria. Adventurous soul this man is who keeps my drive high, and consistently pleasantly surprising me with some of his plans, goals, expressions and overall lifestyle.
Somewhere near Sea Side in Oregon 


A Perfect photo of what a "hiatus from a healthy lifestyle stands for" The Mahoney in Victoria... NO I did not finish that and NO I did not have any idea what was coming to my plate :P

So, anyways this trend of laxsy dazy eat whatever you want and "Schmeh" on the excercise kept up for a few weeks. But once I saw the scale move up 3 pounds 11 days ago i said ugh ugh. I find to keep myself motivated I need some serious goals, and to switch them up a lot. SO... since our Christmas Party in Calgary is on December 6th (also the first time ill see surfer dude since October 20th), I decided on November 6th not to have a single drop of alcohol. 11 days later, still no alcohol. I tried to pull some other friends on the train with me, and I am proud to say I am the only one to stay on the wagon however, I think I am the only one who cares. I simply want to prove to myself I can do it. AND get back to the gym every second day at least and choose those healthier eating habits again.

Gluten I just cut out again after my little break and I am glad. I did notice a big difference in... well... H2S. I proved it, I have a gluten sensitivity for SURE. I introduced it back in and my belly did not like it, not in the amount i was cheating on anyways. So a little here and there is OK, but not a lot. I started hitting the gym again hard!! Found out I am addicted to Core Exercising and I am seeing a difference.  I hope to show the difference before the Xmas Party. I must say, not a SINGLE drop of alcohol is hard, I mean, in moderation no problem... not a single drop tho? BUNK. I am doing it tho... damnit.

Other health things on the agenda, Ultrasound back of the breastesses, loooookin good the doc says, SCORE! everyones happy when your boobs are happy. haha.

After a long discussion today with god mother numero uno who has always been a babe in my books, like i mean SEXY BEAST in some barbadoes photos, and a beautiful woman still today at the age of... I think... 51? I started using My Fitness Pal for all that its worth. I was only using it previously for excericses because there is an encyclopedia of them on there, but after talking with Cody I decided to start tracking food to see where your nutrients or non-nutrients are coming from and what you are lacking or getting to much of. My G mom has been doing this since may and she lost 15 pounds! Only 1.5 pounds a month... nothing to crazy, but time flies, and now shes looking fit and amazing. You should check it out! If you are looking to excercise properly, it has that, you want to see where your calories come from, it has that, want to just check up on a food and its nutritional value, it has that.... how about making an excercise or weightloss goal? it has that too. I just started today, and I am a little surprised that the substance that had the most sugar in it today was my Bolthouse Green Goddess Smoothie. W.T.F. mate, and with a few other little things my sugar intake is BLOWN, sometime I am stoked I saw and a super easy thing to kind of switch around where your sugar is coming from just so I am not exceeding. I am still always going to love chocolate, and Bolthouse... but it is making it in the right portion, and then taking something else out of your diet that day that may have high sugar as well.

I think its fun... try it :) Maybe you'll like it. 

I have some serious sewing to do, and a car to fix... on top of organizing my life to Vancouver, Thunder Bay, Toronto/Peterborough, Ottawa, then Guate, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Costa Rica.. therefore like i said in the beginning I will try to keep you posted by only making "Interesting posts" instead of every single day holly drama schizophrenic, exciting, crazy, get your heart up stress, happiness and chaotic blips. 

I am going to try to push the gym and diet hard before the party, a few photos will hopefully show what I have been up to next time :) Until then... out into the 6 inches of fresh snow winter wonderland we go :)

PLUR.

No comments:

Post a Comment